Let’s just take a moment and recognize the fact that my camera skills have definitely gotten better. I absolutely love this photo and let me tell ya;, I absolutely loved this dish as well. It took me under 30 minutes to make and filled my belly with yummy goodness. So….I wanted to share with you all! The best thing about this dish is you can literally dress it up or keep it simple. There are so many variations, the possibilities are endless.
- 1 cup of Penne Pasta
- Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Shrimp (I buy already peeled and shelled)
- Old Bay’s Seasoning
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Slat
- 1 tbs Dried Parsley
- 1 tbs Smoked Paprika
- 4 tbs of salted butter
- 1/2 c. of plain greek yogurt or 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
- Take your shrimp and clean them under cool running water. Ensure they are properly deveined and the shells are removed. Once clean, pat dry with a paper towel and season with old bay to your liking. Let marinate in the fridge while you prepare other ingredients.
- Place a pot on the stove full of water and begin to boil for the pasta.
- Once water is boiling, add 1 tsp of pink salt and add pasta. Boil until al dente.
- Next, take a skillet and begin to melt your 4 tbsp. of butter. You want you heat to be low for this so place burner on a 2-3 or low heat.
- Next mince your garlic cloves and add them to the butter. Keep an eye on this because you don’t want to burn the garlic.
- Next, take your chicken bouillon cube and add it into the skillet with the garlic and butter. Let it dissolve completely.
- Next add your shrimp into the skillet. After 2 minutes, add in your greek yogurt and stir.
- Your pasta should be done by now. Drain and add directly into the skillet with the shrimp.
- Stir and make sure everything is coated.
- Now, add your Parmesan cheese. You can literally add as much or as little as you’d like. The more, the better 🙂
- Sprinkle smoked paprika, dried parsley and extra Parmesan on top and cover with a lid. Cook on medium low for 5 minutes.
- Serve in a nice dish and next to a salad for a healthy lunch or light dinner.
*This pairs nicely with a swiss chard, baby bok choy and kale salad with Italian Vinaigrette and a sparkling water 🙂